Alley-Gator

You know how much I love this character?  I came up with the concept yesterday while rereading 'The Hobbit' for the umpteenth time.  Does it have anything to do with the fiction of Tolkien?  No, nothing whatsoever.  It's like Batman meets the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles up in here, and I was so happy with how it came out, I said, 'Screw waiting!  Post now!'  So here you are, two costumes in two days, both of them wild and fabulous.  Enjoy!



The thing I like most about this particular design is the simplicity.  I can be prone to adding all kinds of crap to a costume that just tend to clutter it up, but this one is fairly minimalistic, at least compared to some of my past designs.



Honestly, this guy is too much fun to play.  He's a Scrapper with the Martial Arts and Regeneration powersets, and watching a guy dressed as a lizard doing karate on the street is for some reason ridiculously fun.  I get giggly breaking up gang fights with Alley-Gator.  And yes, I patrol alleys on occasion.  It's in the name and therefore part of the contract.



The crowning achievement, really, is that I finally managed to create a costume that makes that head-fin thing actually look good.  While I'm sure other players have found several uses for it, I've never before been able to add it to a costume without saying, 'My god, that looks terrible.'  Luckily, it adds to the campy flair with which this costume is simply overflowing.



If I was up to nefarious things in an alley, and I saw this come out of the shadows, I would probably stop what I was doing and run away.  This is the stuff of nightmares.






Here I tried to capture the four integral moves in his crippling axe kick.  More difficult than you would think, as he executes it in a matter of a couple of seconds.  In motion, it looks like it hurts.  A lot.



Not pictured is the banana peel he just stepped on.




Holy regenerative mutant lizard powers, Batman!  Seriously, that's what that is.  Not only does it look lovely and match his outfit, it's a power I can tie in nicely with his origin story, and it's incredibly useful to boot.

Anyway, hope y'all enjoyed the show as much as I did whipping this costume up.  More to come later in the week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds